Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Anomaly-review

Anomaly by Tonya Kuper was an interesting read.

Josie is living a normal teenage life: horrible ex boyfriend, dead beat dad, and recalcitrant mother.  Her world is knocked on its axis when a boy shows up telling her that she has magical powers that people would kill for-- literally. She launches into training and a world where everyone is keeping secrets.
As the story unfolds she discovers what her true mission is, who her true friends are, and  what really happened to her brother all those years ago.

What really drew me to the book was the cover and the blurb on the back. The blurb had me laughing out loud in the Barnes & Nobles.
The book, however, wasn't really a comedy. I can't say that I remember laughing, Which is fine, it just wasn't what I expected. The story line was fairly typical, with some original plot points thrown in. I loved her creation of the world and the consequences of using one's powers. That was the best part of the book. The magic was really structured and I loved that.

The characters were interesting enough. The story kept me engaged. I will probably read the sequel, but the book was missing something. I can't put my finger on it, but it was worh the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment