Thursday, January 29, 2015

5 Reasons Apollyon Rocked.

So 40 years later I finished reading Apollyon. I know that seems as though the book wasn't amazing. It was. It totally was.

I really need to make sure that responsibilities don't get in the way of reading, because reading-- especially young adult books-- is totally worth it.






                                  So, 5 reasons Apollyon rocked

1) It was written by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
       
     Need I say more? This is the woman who made Aliens seem sexy. I am almost dying for my extraterrestrial experience because of her Lux series. She always does a great job of creating loveable characters and entertaining scenarios that are both out of this world and believable.

2) Alex

     That one word sums it all up. Alex is strong, funny and flawed. No Mary Sue here. She is the epitome of a strong female character. We have seen her grow from self centered and rambunctious. To .. well still self-centered and rambunctious, but better at it:) Alex is 100% awesome.

3)Relationships

The relationships in this book really grow. The characters interactions with one another are so much better and stronger. We see the backstory of some relationships that we've wondered about: Alex and her uncle, Alex and Leah, and Aiden and his parents. The development of the back story, really helps to draw the reader into the world and establish and  explain the dynamics.

4) Jennifer is not afraid to kill people

    I don't believe in senseless deaths. Not at all, but a war where no one dies isn't really believable. Is it? Not an issue here. Jennifer is not afraid to kill off a character. She is not as extreme as Veronica Roth, but death doesn't phase her.

5) Aiden

Can he get any better? Be still my heart.  If you want to know more about why I love Aiden, you can read my post the hottest males in YA.


No comments:

Post a Comment